World Usability Day 2007 kicked off the year with a special session at the Usability Professionals’ Association conference on June 13 in Austin, Texas. The focus for World Usability Day (WUD) 2007is healthcare. Healthcare usability affects every individual throughout his or her entire life. Every day, issues of medical illnesses and diseases, health insurance, nutrition, prescriptions and supplements, healthcare professionals and medical facilities affect how we experience our world and the quality of our life. Our daily “user experience” is critically affected by healthcare and the usability of all aspects of healthcare.
The WUD 2007 kickoff event was attended by close to 100 people, many of whom have participated in the previous 3 World Usability Day events. Theo Mandel, Ph.D., the healthcare chairman for WUD 2007, presented a brief introduction followed by four case studies of successes in healthcare usability.
Visit the World Usability Day website for the event summary and to view the following presentations:
- Theo Mandel’s Kickoff introduction
- Case Study 1 (Shane Lovellette, TechSmith)
- Case Study 2 (Janine Purcell, Cognitive Engineer, Veterans Health Administration)
- Case Study 3 (Ed Israelski, HF Program Manager, Abbott)
- Case Study 4 (Theo Mandel, Usability Consultant, Interface Design and Development LLC)